Join the Goddard House Team!
Goddard House is managed by local, Massachusetts-based Senior Living Residences (SLR). SLR’s assisted living and memory support communities have been enriching the lives of seniors and their families for nearly three decades. SLR is acclaimed for our forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that include an enriching Olmsted Memory Support Program, the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area.
We enjoy an exceptional reputation among families and professionals for providing top notch care, creating innovative programs that enhance quality of life for residents, and for maintaining the highest of industry standards. It is our associates’ commitment to our “Right Values” philosophy that established and maintains our position of excellence, respect and trustworthiness in the senior housing industry.
Want an incredibly rewarding career? Join the Goddard team!
Work alongside a team of caring and compassionate professionals. Enjoy an outstanding benefits package. Help make our residents’ twilight years their best years. Apply below!
Current Open Positions
Click the position you are interested in to view more details and apply directly through our site!
A not-for-profit organization, Goddard House has two primary strategic directions:
The continued high-quality operation of Goddard House Assisted Living, a senior living community in Brookline offering traditional and specialized memory support assisted living. Goddard House Assisted Living is well-known for the quality of its facility and services, its personal and respectful engagement with residents, and the warm sense of community it fosters among residents and staff. It is uniquely distinguished, however, by the innovative programming it has developed, some of which is also offered to the surrounding community. The range of robust programs includes mindfulness meditation, offered in collaboration with the University of Massachusetts Boston; extensive expressive therapy programs, in partnership with the Berklee College of Music and Lesley University; and sponsorship of cultural events and numerous other age-friendly and dementia-friendly activities.
The expansion of Goddard House Community Initiatives, which creates innovative programs and partnerships in the Greater Boston community that further fulfill our mission. Building on the community collaborations and agency partnerships which have supported award-winning innovations in the Goddard House Assisted Living, Goddard House Community Initiatives is currently designing, building, and scaling a new enterprise which brings the Goddard House mission out into the community. For example, a few years ago we launched a joint program with FriendshipWorks in Jamaica Plain which brings participatory arts programs to older adults residing in low-income housing sites. We also recently launched a new cross-sector arts-related collaboration aimed at reaching and engaging isolated older adults in Boston. Our partners in this new initiative include the City of Boston’s Age Strong Commission, the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture, and Lifetime Arts.
The Director will advance the mission of Goddard House by promoting collaboration and affiliation with senior advocates, community-based organizations, agencies, and others to improve quality of life for older people within the larger community. They will develop and sustain vital relationships which generate programs and alliances, support marketing and outreach, build charitable support, and increase visibility for Goddard House in the greater community.
The Director will work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to nimbly advance new community initiatives through the innovation life cycle which includes research, design, development, funding, approvals, launch, ongoing management and evaluation, and scaling.
This position is full-time and reports to the organization’s CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- 5-15 years of experience in healthcare or senior living program administration, in a leadership role in a community-based organization, or other relevant experience. Experience in arts administration a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively design and deploy innovative initiatives or programs for older adults that are effective and generate results.
- Experience building and developing financial and operating plans; managing resources.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience and success in grant-writing.
- Entrepreneurial, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and engender trust.
- Personal presence and ability to represent Goddard House and to clearly communicate compelling messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and establish and manage a collaborative team environment, with demonstrated positive outcomes.
- Ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholder groups including business, nonprofit, religious groups and community organizers.
- Excellent project planning, budgeting, reporting and management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills. Ability to become proficient in the systems SLR uses, including Google Apps for Work (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Calendar Management, Presentation Tools (Printer, Projector, Streaming Media Players), and Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Physical ability to occasionally handle some lifting of supplies, such as receiving/moving paper deliveries and office supplies, and assisting with onsite and offsite events, such as moving (pulling/pushing) tables and other furniture and lifting/setting up presentation equipment and materials up to 30 pounds
- Supervisory experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage affiliations with eldercare, academic, arts, advocacy, medical, religious and community organizations on local, state and national levels whose missions and programs align with Goddard House.
- Serve as a liaison to community organizations, individuals and resources for the CEO, Board of Trustees, and Assisted Living Management Staff to build and sustain connections in the community for Goddard House to support their needs and work at all levels.
- Represent Goddard House in leadership roles on boards and committees related to aging and older adults.
- Attend and present at conferences and events (local, state and national).
- Work with media to promote our programs, staff achievements and mission.
- Maintain contact via site visits and phone with community Outside Aid Fund recipients. Coordinate monthly check disbursements with accounting.
- Together with the CEO, explore, develop, implement, manage and evaluate new community initiatives aimed at reducing isolation among older adults living in the Boston area. Develop processes and infrastructure to successfully execute new programs, ensuring the strategy and results are complete, clearly articulated and effectively communicated with all appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and produce professional community programs and other events at Goddard House Assisted Living in collaboration with the CEO, Assisted Living Executive Director, Marketing Director and/or Program Director as appropriate.
- Work on special events to promote Goddard House’s role in community causes related to aging, caregiving and Alzheimer’s disease that align us with partner organizations.
- Solicit and document feedback and evaluation from program stakeholders, including program participants, community partners, administrators, featured speakers and administrators.
- Collaborate with marketing department to create web and print materials for Goddard House programs and initiatives. Contribute articles to Goddard House publications and social media.
- Create and present regular written community partnerships reports to the CEO.
- Plan budget needs by analyzing short and long-term initiatives and programs. Assure the completion of the annual budget and financial monitoring.
- Seek out and attend professional development workshops to enhance current community engagement programming and to inform the development of new initiatives.
- Research, write and execute grant inquiries and proposals to fund programs that benefit quality of life and care at Goddard House Assisted Living. Secure resources for new Community Initiatives by writing grants and cultivating new funding sources.
- Oversee the proper recording, tracking and timely acknowledgment of grants and charitable contributions. Meet with foundations and individual donors. Involve the CEO in cultivation and solicitation activities as appropriate.
- Become knowledgeable about Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) regulations governing the assisted living industry, as well as pertinent SLR and community policies, the community’s Residency Agreement, and the Goddard House mission and values, the ethical principles that guide the community.
- Perform other duties that contribute to team effort and the community’s success, as deemed necessary by the CEO, and be willing to pitch in and help out when needed, in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork across departments, to help fulfill our mission of serving residents
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of resident information, sales and marketing data and strategies, and community operations.
- Work on special projects and events as directed by CEO.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse who is a graduate of an approved nursing program with valid Massachusetts nursing license preferred
- At least two years experience with the elderly, including those with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia, in health care, elderly services or assisted living preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong assessment and care planning skills
- Acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity. Sincere desire to work with residents and ability to deal with residents under all conditions. Compassion and patience essential; level-headed and calm in emergencies
- Leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and promote a culture of teamwork, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth for all associates
- Strong technology skills. Ability to become proficient in systems SLR uses, including Google Apps for Work (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system, calendar management, online project management and staff scheduling
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job including standing, sitting, bending, and moving and transferring residents (one-person or two-person assist), with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds as required
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States · Goddard House
Senior Living Residences (SLR) is seeking a full time Wellness Nurse to support Goddard House, an Assisted Living and Compass Memory Support community in Brookline, MA. The hours are 2:30pm-11pm for three days during the week and an every other weekend commitment.
SLR is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that include the renowned Compass Memory Support Program, as well as the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area.
The Wellness Nurse will assist the Resident Care Director in his or her duties. Assignments are varied, and can include any of the following:
- Assessment, Service Plan Development and Oversight
- Management and Training Duties
- Budgeting, Quality Control and Compliance
- Conduct tours and community outreach, and conduct assessments of potential residents
- Serve as “manager on duty” on a rotating weekend schedule with other managers
- Participate in social activities with residents as scheduled
- RN or LPN who is a graduate of an approved nursing program with valid MA nursing license or otherwise meets the requirements of EOEA Assisted Living regulations.
- 1-2 years experience with elderly or disabled individuals preferred.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills and an acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity.
- Strong assessment and care planning skills.
- Experience with residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia.
- Computer literacy required.
- Sincere desire to work with residents and ability to deal with residents under all conditions.
- Compassion and patience essential; level-headed and calm in emergencies.
- Ability to cooperate with other associates in a team environment.
- Must be willing to perform non-essential duties as needed. Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm in order to create an atmosphere conducive to growth.
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job including standing, sitting, bending and moving residents (one person assist).
- Must have means of transportation to complete assessments for new and returning resident
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States · Goddard House
Goddard House is seeking a full time utility associate. If you enjoy working with seniors, come and be part of the team that gives our amazing residents and their guests an enjoyable dining experience!
SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates’ ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- Responsibilities include dish washing, heavy cleaning of kitchen counters & storeroom, mopping floors, emptying trash, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The utility person will work with volunteers, residents of the community and other staff members to complete tasks.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, listen to resident needs and work with both small and large groups.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic.
- Be able to lift 60 pounds and operate equipment safely.
- Have a flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- A desire to serve seniors and a dedication to improving their quality of life is required.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States · Goddard House
Goddard House is seeking certified nursing assistants and home health aides to join our team!
At our community, priority number one is the enhancement of each resident’s Quality of Life. We focus on the whole person, not just the treatment of their most basic physical or cognitive needs. Our method is to individualize a plan of care for each resident, providing just the right combination of services to optimize their overall well-being, independence, personal dignity and enrichment.
Goddard House embraces the aging experience for seniors living in the Boston area by operating a high-quality assisted living community and by creating innovative programs which support our need for purpose, engagement, autonomy and choice as we age.
Our Resident Care Associates (CNAs or CHHAs) are responsible for the delivery of quality care to the residents of the community, encouraging independence and ensuring each resident’s physical, social, cultural, intellectual, and mental well being.
RCAs will be responsible for:
- Providing personal care as directed by the service plan and as scheduled on the RCA’s shift assignment in a compassionate, professional and efficient manner.
- Monitoring residents’ SAMM making the required record entries to the Medication Management Record Book at appropriate times, and notifies the Supervisor concerning the effects of self-administered medications.
- Communicating with and assisting families and visitors in a helpful, professional manner.
- Initiating and completing activity programming as