Join the Goddard House Team!
Goddard House is managed by local, Massachusetts-based Senior Living Residences (SLR). SLR’s assisted living and memory support communities have been enriching the lives of seniors and their families for nearly three decades. SLR is acclaimed for our forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that include an enriching Olmsted Memory Support Program, the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area.
We enjoy an exceptional reputation among families and professionals for providing top notch care, creating innovative programs that enhance quality of life for residents, and for maintaining the highest of industry standards. It is our associates’ commitment to our “Right Values” philosophy that established and maintains our position of excellence, respect and trustworthiness in the senior housing industry.
Want an incredibly rewarding career? Join the Goddard team!
Work alongside a team of caring and compassionate professionals. Enjoy an outstanding benefits package. Help make our residents’ twilight years their best years. Apply below!
Current Open Positions
Click the position you are interested in to view more details and apply directly through our site!
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States · Goddard House
Goddard House is seeking a part time utility associate to join our team on Friday-Monday. If you enjoy working with seniors, come and be part of the team that gives our amazing residents and their guests an enjoyable dining experience!
SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates’ ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
Responsibilities include dish washing, heavy cleaning of kitchen counters & storeroom, mopping floors, emptying trash, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The utility person will work with volunteers, residents of the community and other staff members to complete tasks.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, listen to resident needs and work with both small and large groups.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic.
- Be able to lift 60 pounds and operate equipment safely.
- Have a flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- A desire to serve seniors and a dedication to improving their quality of life is required.
- Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
Shift 1: 6:30am-3pm (Full Time)
Shift 2: 2:30pm-11pm (Full Time, every other weekend)
Shift 3: 11pm-7:30am (Part Time)
You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, compassionate people committed to doing the very best they can to take care of seniors. Our Resident Care Associates are responsible for the delivery of quality care to Goddard Houses’s residents while encouraging independence and ensuring each resident’s physical, social, cultural, intellectual, and mental well being. Why work in Assisted Living? It is a pleasant working environment. We offer a homelike, residential setting. You will work with seniors who are frail and need personal care, but are not sick. You will have so many opportunities to participate in meaningful programs and to build close relationships with residents
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Direct personal care for seniors (Activities of Daily Living “ADLs” and Self-Administered Medication Management “SAMM”)
- Compliance, reporting and record keeping
- Assistance with social, wellness, art and fitness activity programming
- Reminding/escorting residents to activities
- Light housekeeping services
- Assistance with community special events
- Assistance with dining services, as needed
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
- Experienced in senior care
- Compassionate, patient, committed to teamwork, dedicated, trustworthy, positive
- Fluent in English (read, write, speak and understand English)
- Able to handle physical requirements of the job (standing, sitting, bending, moving and transferring residents “one-person or two-person assist”)
- Keen ability to work independently, show initiative, and take ownership
- Natural problem solver with a bias to action
- Excellent judgment, poise, and professionalism
- Highly organized with the ability to re-prioritize tasks and support teams with frequently changing needs and to move forward even when faced with ambiguity
- Appreciates and enjoys bringing a high level of detail and accuracy to all tasks with excellent follow through.
- Drive to see what is coming around the next corner and plan for ‘what ifs’
- Enjoys communications and is well-versed in technology, computers, and productivity applications
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the CEO and Executive Director in scheduling and prioritizing complex calendars comprised of varied and frequently shifting commitments; Anticipate, plan and support meetings, events, and other calendar commitments; Follow up on deadlines and commitments, and initiate appropriate action to ensure the most effective use of CEO and Executive Director’s time
- Word processing, editing and proofreading, copying and distributing documents
- Manage meetings and conference calls – (space/lines, agendas, guests, invitations, communication, minutes, action items, etc.)
- Establish an effective system for managing projects and tasks
- Create and maintain master calendars and contact lists
- Manage administrative components of new initiatives adopted by the organization
- Organize and maintain files (both paper and electronic on GDrive)
- Manage renewals of certifications and licenses, including filing certain documents with government agencies from time to time
- Provide support in responding to communications for the CEO and Executive Director (email, telephone, etc.)
- Assist with the creation and distribution of written and digital communication; Prepare/edit reports & presentations; Assist with updating manuals and publications
- Serve as Notary Public for the organization
- Support the Board with any administrative duties including prioritizing calendars, plan meetings and distributing documents
- Track, manage and report on program grants and will/bequest disbursements
- Administer financial reporting and correspondence for Community Partnership office
- Manage and plan community events