Family Visiting Guidelines at Goddard House
We are working with families to create safe, socially distant outdoor visiting opportunities. Please read all of our guidelines below prior to scheduling your visit as we will be asking everyone to follow these:
- We have created a calendar using a website called “Calendly” to help families schedule visits ahead of time so that everyone has an opportunity to visit and abide by safe social distancing measures.
- All visitors must pass a health screen.
- Both residents and family members will be required to wear masks during the visit.
- We will also be providing face shields for visitors to use during the visit. We will ask all visitors to clean the face shield both before and after their visit with the sanitizing wipes we are providing.
- While we will have chairs set up for residents (which will be rotated and disinfected between visits), family members should plan to bring their own lawn chair so they can sit comfortably a considerable, safe distance away, during their visit.
Our Traditional Neighborhood visits will have residents sitting inside and visitors on our porch, visiting through an open window. We will have a table set up to ensure that everyone is more than 6 feet apart from one another.
For visits with our Olmsted residents, the set up will be similar. A staff member will escort you to our Olmsted Neighborhood gardens where you will visit your loved one either from a window in the dining room or from our second floor back deck window.
Everyone’s safety, including yours, your loved ones’ and our associates’, will remain our highest priority throughout these visits. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us! We appreciate your support and cooperation throughout this time.
Plan a Virtual or In-Person Tour of our Community
During these unprecedented times, we continue to work with families and our professional referral partners to accommodate seniors who have an immediate need for a more supportive living arrangement.